PicoSure Tattoo Removal
TREATMENT REGIMEN & HOME CARE
- Avoid any prolonged sun or tanning exposure (This also includes Airbrush tanning or stains) 2 weeks before treatment.
- On the day of treatment keep treatment area clean & avoid any products or lotions in the area.
WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED?
- Your skin may feel warm or sunburned.
- You may experience redness, tenderness, & blistering. The blisters may become large and join.
- The skin may have a grayish hue after laser. This skin may peel off.
- Infection is uncommon. However, if you experience any unusual symptoms, contact our office immediately. Signs of infection include yellow or green drainage, redness or increasing redness, fever, or a streak of red running up your arm or leg. If you have any of these symptoms contact our office immediately.
PICOSURE with ACTIVE F/X: In some cases, we administer an Active F/X (a CO2 laser) treatment in combination with Picosure treatment. With these laser combinations, reactions may be more intense and include redness, swelling, burning & possible bleeding in treated area.
- CLEAN: Use a soothing cleanser with no abrasives & tepid water. Make sure your hands are clean & pat dry with a towel. Do not rub skin!!
- HEAL: Post laser creams such as Silver Healing cream should be used to help skin heal & aid to prevent scarring. Use non-adhesive bandages to cover.
- PROTECT: Immediately after treatment area has healed using SPF diligently to protect the area from the sun in between treatments. If exposed, it causes scarring & delays future treatments. Allure offers chemical free SPF, protection without irritation.
- Sunlight. A minimum of 2 weeks after treatment. SPF is a MUST!!
- Swimming or other exposures to chemicals until the skin has healed.
- Do NOT peel skin or pop blisters. Let the skin remain on as a barrier like a band-aid; it will heal faster.
- Exercise or other strenuous activity for 24 hours. Sweating & gym environment can be harmful due to bacteria & may cause an adverse reaction. It also encourages the swelling process.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Your Aesthetician can provide product education for your best result.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your procedure, feel free to contact our office (586) 992-8300.