P. R. P. (Platelet Rich Plasma)
TREATMENT REGIMEN & HOME CARE
- If you have experienced past problems with blood draws such as passing out or getting queasy make sure you eat a meal before the appointment.
- Make sure you are well hydrated. Drinking plenty of water helps the draw go smoother.
WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED?
- You will have a blood draw.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
- We will take a small amount of blood (the number of tubes depends on the treatment area). The tubes are then put in a centrifuge to separate the red & white blood cells from the platelet & plasma (the clear fluid). The platelets are separated into a new tube, and then an activator is then used. The PRP can then be used to smear or injected (depending on treatment & individual needs.
WHY WOULD I DO THAT?
- Platelets are the cells in the blood that help tissue to heal & grow new cells.
- PRP is your own body’s natural growth factors to promote healing & alleviate pain.
- Speeds healing time by ½.
- It’s your blood! So there are no risks of rejection or allergic reaction.
ADD ON P.R.P?
- P.R.P is added easily to resurfacing lasers such as Clear Brilliance or Fraxel. It could be combined with Dermapen (micro-needling) or Neograft & Hair stimulation processes. In some cases, it can be added on to post-surgical patients.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your procedure, feel free to contact our office (586) 992-8300