TREATMENT REGIMEN & HOME CARE
- Avoid any prolonged sun or tanning exposure (This also includes Airbrush tanning or stains) 2 weeks before treatment.
- On the day of treatment keep your face or treatment area clean & do not apply make-up or products.
WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED?
- Your skin may feel warm or sunburned. Your skin may appear red & blotchy with swelling. You may also experience lines or welts from swelling. It can last 3-7 days.
- A typical response is for the skin to become worse before it gets better.
- Swelling can occur & be more prominent around the eyes, especially in the morning.
- Vascular lesions (VEINS) may be discolored turning purple, or a bruising effect can happen which can take several days to resolve.
- In some cases, a blister may appear on the skin. Do not pick or pull. Contact office for instructions.
- CLEAN: Use a soothing cleanser with no abrasives & tepid water. Make sure your hands are clean & pat dry with a towel. Do not rub skin!!
- HEAL: Apply cold compresses for comfort. In some cases of excessive swelling, an RX may be recommended & given.
- HYDRATE: Your skin will become drier than normal. Use post laser creams such as Green Tea Hydration Lotion, or Gentle Recovery Complex as needed for comfort.
- PROTECT: Immediately after your procedure, apply sunscreen. Always apply sunscreen daily for sun protection. Allure offers chemical free SPF, protection without irritation.
- Sunlight. Avoid sunlight for a minimum of 48 hours.
- Avoid swimming, or other exposures to chemicals, until skin is has healed.
- Exercise or other strenuous activity for 24 hours. Sweating & gym environment can be harmful due to bacteria & may cause an adverse reaction.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Sleep with extra pillows. Elevation can alleviate swelling.
- Put your Post Laser Lotion in a refrigerator, so it’s comforting upon applications.
- Apply Post Laser Lotion liberally to keep skin from becoming dry & tight. It will prevent the skin from becoming itchy & painful.
- A Gel Mask is available for purchase at an additional cost. (It has a built-in recovery complex!)
- Your Aesthetician can provide product education for your best result.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your procedure feel free to contact our office (586) 992-8300.