MEET THE ALLURE DOCTORS
Carl Pesta, D.O.
Dr. Carl Pesta is a McLaren Macomb board-certified general surgeon and a “Center of Excellence” bariatric surgeon who specializes in advanced laparoscopic surgical weight loss procedures. Dr. Pesta has more than 18 years of experience as a surgeon performing more than 5,000 bariatric procedures; and is currently performing ORBERA™ Intragastric balloon insertions for Allure Medical Spa.
Dr. Pesta earned a medical degree from Michigan State University’s College of Osteopathic Medicine, followed by his residency at McLaren Macomb and a bariatric surgery proctorship at Henry Ford Bi-County Hospital. His experience in bariatric procedures runs the gamut, including revision and conversion procedures.
He currently heads up the comprehensive bariatric program at McLaren Macomb. This program provides a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to caring for health care needs of patients undergoing bariatric surgery. His knowledge and insight into long term weight loss procedures is shared every day with our patients here at Allure
- General Surgery
- Fellow of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons (ACOS)
- American Osteopathic Association – AOA member
- McClaren Macomb, Mount Clemens, MI
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
- St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Warren, MI