TREATMENT REGIMEN & HOME CARE
PRIOR TO TREATMENT:
- Avoid any prolonged sun or tanning exposure (This also includes Airbrush tanning or stains) 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- On day of treatment keep your face or treatment area clean & do not apply make-up or products.
WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED?
- Your skin may feel warm or sunburned. This normally last a couple hours after treatment.
- Your skin may start to feel rough like sand grit. You may even see a darkening or bronzing of the skin this also is a normal response. This will exfoliate off. DO NOT do anything to help the process—avoid any scrubs or rough towels.
- Swelling can occur & be more prominent around the eyes, especially in the morning.
- CLEAN: Use a soothing cleanser with no abrasives & tepid water. Make sure your hands are clean & pat dry with towel. Do not rub skin!!
- HEAL: Cold compresses can be applied for comfort. In some cases an RX may be recommended & given if there is a history of cold sores. Please let provider know if this is needed.
- HYDRATE: Your skin will become drier than normal. Post laser creams such as Green Tea Hydration Lotion or Gentle Recovery Complex should be use as needed for comfort.
- PROTECT: Immediately after procedure apply SPF. for daily care in sun. Allure offers chemical free SPF, protection without irritation.
- Sunlight. A minimum of 48 hours.
- Swimming or other exposures to chemicals until skin is healed.
- Allowing your skin to dry Please remember to be diligent about using post laser creams recommended to you by providers.
- Exercise or other strenuous activity for 24 hours. Sweating & gym environment can be harmful due to bacteria & may cause adverse reaction. It also encourages the swelling process.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Sleep with extra pillows. Elevation can alleviate swelling.
- Put your Post Laser Lotion in refrigerator so it’s comforting upon applications.
- Apply Post Laser Lotion liberally to keep skin from becoming dry & tight. This will avoid skin from becoming itchy & painful.
- A Gel Mask can be purchased at an additional cost. It has a recovery complex built in!
- Your Aesthetician can provide product education for your best result.
If you should have any questions or concern regarding your procedure feel free to contact our office (586) 992-8300.